Tuesday 3 July 2012

Creating zones

I'm a naturally flighty person, my attention jumps from one thing to another and I find it hard to stay focussed for long. As a result, my decluttering endeavours seem to be rather shortlived and if I don't feel like i'm getting anywhere fast, I lose interest and move onto the next thing that catches my attention. To help me stay on track i'm trying to break my areas to declutter down into 'zones' to be tackled one at a time, the idea being that if I focus enough on one zone (rather than a whole room/area) i'll be a able to see enough of a difference to spur me on to complete the task. I'm hoping this approach does the trick.

So, to cut a long, procrastinating post short, my first zone is the junked up area at the bottom of the garden. If I declutter it i'll be rewarded with an area big enough to set up another, much needed compost heap.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment