Friday 13 August 2010

Beary things

When I have enough time on my hands I like to make bears. I don't make many during the year simply because it takes quite a lot of time and committment to get them finished and, being a butterfly by nature, I tend to lose the flow and become distracted by other things. But there really is nothing quite like seeing a little beary character emerging and unravelling before your eyes, it's quite magical. No two bears are ever the same, even if I tried to make them the same by using the same pattern and fabric, they still manage to evolve into something different, developing their own personality along the way. The little chap above is Coleman, a bear I made about 5 years ago, who is now living with his new owner in Australia. At the moment I find myself wishing I was there with him too so that I can escape this dreary, rainy weather - can I order some sunshine for tomorrow please?

No comments:

Post a Comment