Thursday 26 August 2010

Dreaming...

I have strange dreams, it's agreed between my family and friends that the majority of my dreams fall into the catergory of being weird or bizarre and they're often quite dark. I've been waking up at about 4am recently, it's frustrating as I tend to fall back to sleep around 6am and then I don't wake up until about 9am - luckily i'm on holiday so this isn't too much of a problem.

When 4am reared it's head this morning, so did I, and a vague recollection of dream-speak circled through my mind - "And you'll know it's me because it will be written in my voice". I can't remember much of the dream, only that I was going to leave a message for someone written on a wall. I've found myself intrigued by this statement as it has raised some questions which fit quite snugly with where I feel I currently am in my life, namely: What is my voice? and What does it say?

I've recently separated from my partner of 9 and a half years and as a result have found that I have lots of time on my own. As i've tried to ignore the hours ticking slowly by and the impending silence, i've started to question who I am and what I want from life. I suppose you could say, in dream-speak, that i'm trying to find my voice, a voice that represents me as an individual but also a voice that I will need to use to express my needs and viewpoints when myself and my partner eventually come back together to discuss whether we try and repair our relationship or whether we go our separate ways. So in a way my voice, the voice I adopt now, is new to me as it's coming from a different place, one in which I need to form my thoughts alone rather than from a shared viewpoint.

So now is the time for me to discover my voice and discover who I am. I think it's going to be an exciting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment